Sunday, March 2, 2008
Charlotte/Atlanta trip!

We went this weekend to SCAD-Atlanta, to check out the digs. My niece might be interested in attending for interior design and I wanted to check out the area [and the photo dept] just in case we relocate (not set in stone yet...just in pencil :)

We traveled to Charlotte first, and left to ATL first thing in the morning, like around 5:45. I stayed up long enough during the ride to get photos of the moon:

The new moon rode high in the crown of the metropolis

and the sunrise. As can you see, I had to improvise. Filters have more than one use :)

holding the sunrise in my palm

Um, then I fell out [like for real, my niece says I was knocked out w/my mouth wiiiiide open LOL).

We got to SCAD, ate some cookies, drank some lemonade, got a tour of the campus:

SCAD ATL stairs

(Yes, those stairs are THAT AWESOME. Not an optical illusion.)

SCAD ATL dorms

These are the windows of one of the SCAD dormitories. I felt like IKEA was in their brains when they designed this campus.

(AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IKEA I LOVE IT SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO MUCH. I wanted to put everything in my pocket or pack it up in the car and put it in my house.)

My niece banished me to the parent's waiting area so she could go talk to the interior design professors/students herself, b/c I'd 'make her nervous' (her words not mine). I solemnly walked back to the Hub, SCAD's super awesome cafeteria, and stumbled upon this:

pops cleaning up

Pops. He discovered one of the pool tables in the cafeteria and got into a very heavy game a SCAD student. He proceeded to whoop on poor SCAD student. I swear we can't take him anywhere.

[I'm kidding. I love my Dad!]

While waiting for him to finish up his game of pool, I snapped this:

knife and fork

And ate a cookie probably. My niece finally came back and we headed out to check out the neighborhood.

These were snapped in the Bankhead area of ATL.

bankhead atl

bankhead atl

bankhead atl

We'll probably be back sometime this summer and I'm sure I'll have about 2238940238408 photos. Lemme just add that at SCAD, literally every piece of student work hanging on the walls and on display in the halls...took my breath away. paintings, photographs, concept designs, mixed media, etc. It was soooo inspiring.

I snapped these this morning before we hit the road:

charlotte wall

All of those decorations you see have been in our family foreeeeever LOL. I always take photos of them. Nostalgia? Missing my parents? Yeah, all of that and then some :(

I also did most of my assignments for my large format class over again (more on that in a future blog, hopefully this week!), and also took my digital.

all tied up

Let me just say I will never be a nature photographer. I'm too loud. I was chasing a little finch from branch to branch for like 20 minutes and then gave up and worked on more stationary subjects:

perhaps the remnants of a swing

My parents' house is across the street from a huuuuuuge farm. With horses!

breakfast

While I had my back turned Finch-Chasing, guess who crept up on me:

all ears

I took other shots but lately I've been on a parts-of-the-whole kick w/my work, so I took more to this photo than the others :)

This weekend was great. I got to hang out w/my family, see a new place that might be a future home for us, and got to use my parents as my large format guinea pigs :)

I wish Charlotte wasn't so far. Yes. Separation anxiety at its finest. :( I know. I'm a sap.

:)

Posted by Marlene at 10:04 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur dad is funny! we need to get that guitar and amp back up and running again tho like asap, aint nuthin like jam sessionin w/the fam:)

p.s

the babysitters club! mines was goosebumps,lol

March 5, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home